Today is Alan Hale’s birthday. He was the Skipper on Gilligan’s Island (in case you didn’t know). So, instead of posting about things I have learned from watching The Brady Bunch, I have decided to do a post about the things that I have learned from watching Gilligan’s Island.
In watching Gilligan’s Island I have learned that:
- If you are in a social situation with at least 7 people, there is always going to be one person who screws shit up.
- You can make a battery out of a coconut.
- There are never enough rocks to spell the word HELP when you need it.
- Movies stars sometimes go on 3 hours excursions with ‘normal’ people.
- If you take the boat out for a few hours, make sure you take a record player. You never know when you may have to put on a talent show or beauty pageant.
- Headhunters don’t speak English. The speak fake made-up gibberish centered on the words ‘OOGA’ and ‘BOOGA’.
- If you get hit on the head with a coconut you’ll see everything upside down.
- Passengers on passing ships never see or pay attention to people on a deserted island who are jumping up and down and waving their arms.
- Red berries are poisonous.
- Loose fillings can turn your mouth into a radio receiver.