- Today is David Cassidy‘s birthday. He was born in 1950, so I guess that means he turns 62. Yikes! I remember when he was 20.
- It’s also Alex Briley‘s birthday. Alex was the G.I. in the disco group, Village People. The interesting fact about Alex is that his brother, Jonathan, has been identified as ‘the falling man’ in the iconic 9/11 photo taken by Associated Press photographer, Richard Drew .
- The Cubs and the Red Sox are not off to a very good start this season.
- American Idol – I went to dialidol.com and they’ve got Elise on the bottom. 😦 . And Joshua is on the top. 😦 . I also went to Vote for the Worst and they want you to vote for Phillip Phillips.
- Just in case you didn’t know, Kyle Richards from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is the same chick who played Lindsey Wallace in the original Halloween movie.
- On this day in 1962, the number 1 song on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart was Johnny Angel by Shelley Fabares.
- When I was in college, my friend John and I took the portrait of Silas D. Snow – which was located in the lobby of the Fine Arts Center – and superglued it over one of the urinals in the men’s restroom.
- I got the mumps on my 40th birthday. It sucked.
- Today is Cosmonautics Day in Russia. It’s commemorates Yuri Gagarin (I wonder if that’s how Lady Gaga got her name). He was the first human to journey into outer space, when his Vostok spacecraft completed an orbit of the Earth on April 12, 1961.
- President Franklin Roosevelt died on this day in 1945.
|The Roosevelt Cabinet|
|President||Franklin D. Roosevelt||1933–1945|
|Vice President||John Nance Garner||1933–1941|
|Harry S. Truman||1945|
|Secretary of State||Cordell Hull||1933–1944|
|Edward R. Stettinius, Jr.||1944–1945|
|Secretary of Treasury||William H. Woodin||1933–1934|
|Henry Morgenthau, Jr.||1934–1945|
|Secretary of War||George H. Dern||1933–1936|
|Harry H. Woodring||1936–1940|
|Henry L. Stimson||1940–1945|
|Attorney General||Homer S. Cummings||1933–1939|
|Robert H. Jackson||1940–1941|
|Francis B. Biddle||1941–1945|
|Postmaster General||James A. Farley||1933–1940|
|Frank C. Walker||1940–1945|
|Secretary of the Navy||Claude A. Swanson||1933–1939|
|James V. Forrestal||1944–1945|
|Secretary of the Interior||Harold L. Ickes||1933–1945|
|Secretary of Agriculture||Henry A. Wallace||1933–1940|
|Claude R. Wickard||1940–1945|
|Secretary of Commerce||Daniel C. Roper||1933–1938|
|Harry L. Hopkins||1939–1940|
|Jesse H. Jones||1940–1945|
|Henry A. Wallace||1945|
|Secretary of Labor||Frances C. Perkins||1933–1945|