1. Control called on these intelligence officers when K.A.O.S. reigned. What the the code names of their two star agents?
2. Created in 1927 by the Stratemeyer Syndicate, who are the two teen Bayport sleuths who managed to solve 58 crimes in 52 years without aging a day?
3. In Tony Hillerman’s novels, these members of the Navajo Tribal Police patrol the Southwest’s Four Corners area. The methodical Lieutenant is assisted by an impetuous medicne man in training. Name the duo.
4. This former Navy Seal turned P.I. and his British sidekick live at a posh estate, “Robin’s Nest,” in Hawaii. Who are they?
5. What husband – and – wife team have fun teasing the prime suspects, even if they’re thin on clues or suffering from a hangover?
6. Englishman Captain Hastings likes to follow the rules to solve a crime, but assists what French-speaking egghead (known to lie, cheat, and steal to get his “little grey cells working”)?
7. Elizabeth George paired D.S. Havers, a working class detective with what suave aristocrat who was the Eight Earl of Asherton?
8. No criminal can out-fox this eccentric, homebound orchid grower (who weighs a “seventh of a ton”) and his milk-drinking legman.
9. When this humble, aphorism-spouting detective teams up with eldest son, the two chase down cases in one exotic locale after another, but rarely in Honolulu, their home town. Who are they?
1. Agent 86 (Maxwell Smart) and Agent 99 (whose real name was never revealed)
2. Frank and Joe Hardy
3. Lieutenant Joe Leaphorn and Officer Jim Chi
4. Magnum, P.I. and Higgins
5. Nick and Nora Charles, The Thin Man
6. Hercule Poirot
7. Inspector Lynley
8. Nero Wolfe and Archie Goodwin
9. Charlie Chan and Number One Son